Thursday, September 13, 2007

Canberra

The first impression of Canberra: not my style.

Maybe it was my own fault to chose the wrong hostel and to check out the city by food... Funny how they have designed their capital. (pretentious, lots of streets)

But there are also some nice "have to see" spots. One of them is Mt Ainslie - great look out

and a lot of animals around the walking track.

Or an other one is the National Gallery - actually a few Andy Warhol paintings.

Thanks for your good recommendations Suvi. Without I would have been lost in this street and concrete jungle. The vegetarian restaurant "Bernadette" closed down, but I tried an other one instead and ate my first kangaroo steak (probably because I saw no wild roos :-))


Today I explored the city by bike - much better. The area around the arts university is also not bad.

Check out this ad - klick to enlarge...

No comments: